Occupational Safety and Health
The San Diego Community College District utilizes a decentralized occupational health and safety system. Safety committees operate at City College, Mesa College, Miramar College, Continuing Education, the District Service Center and the District Office building. Risk Management serves as a centralized resource to safety committees and safety officers throughout the District. Safety training initiatives are supported by the Professional Development Office of Human Resources.
Safety committees are generally chaired by the Vice President of Administration at their respective sites and are composed of a regional facilities officer, the District Risk Manager, site safety officer(s) and appointed representatives of various campus departments. For a list of current safety committee leaders, contact the Risk Management Office.
Reporting Safety Concerns
Employees are encouraged to look out for and report safety issues or unsafe conditions to their supervisor, manager, Site Safety Committee, or to the Facilities Services Call Center. For issues relating to Facilities, contact:
- Urgent services: Call 619-388-6422, or after hours call College Police at 619-388-6405
- Non-urgent services: Use the online work order system; or call x6422.
- Online Work Order Request: https://www.sdccd.edu/about/departments-and-offices/facilities/services/work-orders-site-improvement.aspx
- Email Facilities Services Call Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisors and managers, please contact Facilities for updated safety related training materials, including handouts, quizzes and power point presentations. Click here for the list of training topics available by contacting Risk Management
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) (Formerly MSDS)
- Safe Colleges: The environmental and health sections of the online training program may be accessed through http://sdccd.keenan.safecolleges.com/login. District employees can login and take related coursework that their District Administrator has authorized.
- Course Library
- Administrative Protocol
- Child Abuse
- Safety Posters:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- General Safety
- Hazardous Materials
- Trips and Falls
- Injury and Illness Prevention Plan