About the San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise covers the cost of tuition for two years at San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar colleges, and provides textbook grants of $400 per year to students who also qualify for a fee waiver (the California College Promise Grant, formerly known as the Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver).
The San Diego Promise program is open to all first-time/full-time students who are recent high school graduates. In addition, there are limited spaces available for students who do not meet the above requirements, and who are former foster youth, formerly incarcerated, adults returning to school, those who cannot attend full-time due to unique circumstances, and/or DACA recipients.
To find out if you may qualify to participate in the San Diego Promise, please contact the San Diego Community College District Outreach at 619-388-6924.
- Up to two years of free tuition and health fees
- Book grants for eligible students
- Access to Peer Mentor/Success Coach
- Individualized counseling and guidance support to help you complete your educational goals
- Class of 2020 high school graduate (H.S. Diploma or GED)
- California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Must complete a 2020-21 FAFSA or California Dream Act application
- Enroll and complete a minimum of 12 units each semester (except DSPS students with eligible academic accommodation)