Instructional Services Division
About the division
The mission of the SDCCD Instructional Services Division is to work with the Colleges, Continuing Education, and the broader San Diego community to advance exemplary instructional practices that maximize student access, learning, and success.
On behalf of the district, we provide facilitation, coordination, and support across the areas of accreditation, articulation, military education, curriculum, instructional research, international education, online learning, strategic planning, and workforce and economic development.
We are committed to:
- Fostering alignment
- Providing clear and timely communication
- Ensuring and monitoring instructional compliance
- Supporting quality instruction, retention, success, and completion
- Promoting innovative instructional practices
- Being a knowledgeable resource for instructional information
- Working collaboratively internally and externally
- Career Education & Workforce Development
- Curriculum Services
- Instructional Services
- Military Education
- Online & Distributed Learning
Career Technical Pathways
Career technical education (CTE) pathways deliver relevant and rigorous academic and technical learning experiences. CTE also prepares you to transition smoothly and successfully into post-secondary education and/or the workforce while allowing flexibility so you can explore multiple career options.
Career Education & Workforce Development
The San Diego Community College District is the largest workforce trainer in San Diego County. The district is responsible for fueling $5.5 billion of spending annually in the regional economy, enough to support more than 74,000 jobs, according to a new independent analysis. The additional $5.5 billion created by the SDCCD is equal to approximately 2.8 percent of the county's Gross Regional Product.