Rape Aggression Defense (RAD for Women) and Resisting Aggression with Defense (RAD for Men)
Personal Empowerment And Safety Education Course For Men, Women And Children
R.A.D. is currently being taught by certified instructors from the College Police Department, and has likewise been adopted by many college and university campuses throughout the nation. R.A.D. provides effective options by teaching individuals to take an active role in their own self-defense.
In October 2000, San Diego Community College Police Department began offering the R.A.D. Program geared primarily for women. In 2016, College Police introduced R.A.D. training for men. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- raise their awareness of aggressive behavior;
- recognize how aggressive behavior impacts their lives;
- learn steps to avoid aggressive behavior;
- consider how they can be part of reducing aggression and violence;
- and practice hands-on self-defense skills to resist and escape aggressive behavior directed toward them.
This program is designed to empower participants to make safer choices when confronted with aggressive behavior. Students, faculty, staff and guests are encouraged to sign up for this proactive training.