Live Scan Fingerprint Services
SDCCD Parking & Live Scan Services
1536 Frazee Road, San Diego, CA 92108
Live Scan Fingerprinting
Live scan is an inkless, electronic means of capturing fingerprints to be transmitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ) or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to run a crimina backgroung check.
All live scan services, with the exception of Personal Reports (Record Review), require the customer to provide the live scan form. Each agency has a unique ORI and mail code necessary for the proper transmission and reporting of background information. Live scan forms are generally provided to you directly from the agency requesting the background clearance and can often be obtained from the requesting agency website. If a live scan form was not provided to you, contact the requesting agency.
The total cost for live scan fingerprints varies, depending on the Department of Justice (DOJ) processing fees. Our fee for electronically capturing your fingerprints (rolling fee) and submitting your information is only $20.00. In addition to the rolling fee, applicants are required to pay processing fees charged by the DOJ and/or FBI to run the criminal history report. Please call our office if you have questions about the live scan and/or to inquire about the total cost of your specific live scan.
Due to Covid-19 all fingerprint services will be by appointment only.
To schedule and appointment call 619-388-6416 Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
All clients are required to wear a mask. Only the scheduled client will be allowed to enter the Live Scan office.
A valid photo identification is required. Expired identification cards will not be accepted.
California Department of Justice Live Scan Identification Requirements:
Primary Identification includes any valid (unexpired):
- State issued driver's license or identification car
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Uniformed Services ID Card
- Dept. of Defense Common Access Card
- Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Documents (e.G., Form I-94)
- USCIS - Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
- USCIS - Employment Authorization card (I-766)
- Federal, State or Local Government agency ID card with photograph
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Canadian Driver's License
Secondary Identification - in the absence of one of the primary forms of identification listed above, an applicant shall provide at least two of the following forms of secondary identification AND at least two additional forms of the supporting documentation that follows:
- State Issued Certification of Birth
- US Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
- Native American Tribal Document
- Social Security Card
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
- Marriage Certificate (Government Issued Certificates Only)
- US Government Issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Draft Record
- School ID with photograph (min age of 7 years old or the transaction will be rejected by DOJ)
- Certificate of Citizenship (N-560)
- Replacement Certificate of Citizenship (N-561)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N-550)
- Replacement Certificate of Naturalization (N-570)
Supporting Documentation - When validating the authenticity of the secondary forms of identification, the information must be supported by at lease two of the following supporting documents:
- Utility Bill
- Jurisdictional Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card/Title
- Paycheck stub with name and address* (financial info may be redacted by the applicant)
- Jurisdictional Public Assistance Card
- Spouse/Parent Affidavit
Live Scan Application for SDCCD Employees Only (PDF)