Request Research Or Request Information About A Current Report

Requests for research from each of the colleges and Continuing Ed are channeled through the college's Research Office. Please see your campus description below for further details.  For any inquiries about posted reports on the District IRP website, they should be directed to the District Institutional Effectiveness and Research Office (

Requests for research that involves institution-wide data that is highly aggregated, or broadly categorized, such as enrollment figures or transfer rates, can be requested. Please complete this form to request research: District Office IRP Research Request Form. For college-specific requests, please see below to be directed to that institution's Research Request form.

IRB Review: For external investigators wishing to conduct research on the SDCCD campuses using either students or employees as human subjects or accessing secondary data, please go to the Institutional Review Board website for instructions and forms.


City College

Employees of San Diego City College may request research or information from the Office of Institutional Research to inform college operations. To make a request, please fill out the City College Research Request Form. You will be contacted to discuss your request in greater detail. Research requests are prioritized based on the City College Research Agenda. Please be prepared to submit a completed City College Data Access Agreement form, if you do not have one on file from within the past three years.


Mesa College

At Mesa College all requests for research, including those to District Institutional Research and Planning and survey research, are processed through the Mesa College Research Office. To request research, please complete Request for Research Services form and return it to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research, Room A-103C. You may also contact our Associate Dean of Research and Planning, Bridget Herrin, to schedule a meeting to discuss and refine your request. In order to have your request processed, you will need to review and sign the Guidelines for Implementing the Research Planning Agenda (GIRPA) form.


Miramar College

Requests for research will be processed through the Miramar College Office of Planning, Research, and Institutional Research. Requests for research should be submitted using the Miramar College Research Request Form & Instructions. You may also contact the College’s Research and Planning Analyst, Xi Zhang, to discuss your request and complete the Research Request Form. For special requests for research reports and sensitive information that is highly disaggregated, such as student contact information, data at the Course Reference Number (CRN) level, student records, and all personally identifiable information, you will need to review the Miramar Guidelines for Protecting Data Sensitivity (GPDS) facts and the Miramar GPDS FAQs and sign the GPDS form in order to have your request processed.


Continuing Education

Requests for research, including those to District Institutional Effectiveness and Research, are processed through the SDCE's Office of Institutional Effectiveness. To request research please complete the Request for Research Form. Be as specific as possible when answering each of the questions. Please submit your completed research request forms to Jessica Luedtke, campus-based researcher.