1. What steps do I take to have my transcripts evaluated?

    • Submit transcripts from all colleges attended to the San Diego Community College District Records Office

    • Submit Request for Transcript Evaluation to have your transcripts evaluated for your educational goal or go to the college counseling office.

    • For more detailed information, click here: Transcript Information

  2. How long does it take to have my transcripts evaluated before I can make a counseling appointment for educational planning?

    Please allow up to 5 weeks from the date the Request for Transcript Evaluation form is submitted. All transcripts must be on file for your records to be evaluated. You will be emailed when your evaluation is complete. Transcript Information

  3. How do I have my general education certified?

    You must submit a request to the college Evaluations Office for general education (GE) certification. Students who need to meet the UC-IGETC deadline of July 15th must submit their request by the last working day in June. Note that San Diego State University and California State University Long Beach no longer requires that you send a general education certification. GE Certification

  4. How do I know when my IGETC or CSU GE Breadth Certification has been sent?

    You will be emailed when your certification is sent. GE Certification

  5. How do I order a duplicate diploma/certificate?

    Contact the Evaluations Office at your college.

  6. When will I receive information regarding the graduation ceremony?

    • Students who apply for graduation will receive information regarding the graduation ceremony during the spring semester.

    • Graduation
  7. When is the graduation ceremony?

    Commencement ceremonies take place only at the end of the spring semester. Graduation

  8. How do I meet a prerequisite?

    Prerequisites are processed through the District Records Office. You may contact the Prerequisite Evaluators at (619) 388-6934, or email prereqinquiry@sdccd.edu, or contact your college Counseling Office. You must provide a transcript(s) or grade report(s) to show proof of having the prerequisite coursework.

  9. What do I need to do to receive college credits for high school courses?

    You will need to contact the Tech Prep Office, 619-388-6572.

  10. How do I get rid of my bad grades?

    The process to have substandard grades removed from GPA calculation is called academic renewal. The criteria for academic renewal can be found in the college catalogs

    If you meet the criteria, you must see a college counselor regarding the academic renewal process. By law, all grades will remain on your record; however, it may be excluded from calculation of your grade point average (GPA).

  11. How do I order a transcript?

    All coursework completed at San Diego City, Mesa or Miramar College is included on one transcript. There is no need to request a transcript from each (City, Mesa, Miramar) college. The first two transcripts issued are free of charge. Thereafter, transcripts cost $5.00 each.

    Click here for more information on the process for ordering an official transcript.