Career Education and Workforce Development
The Career Education and Workforce Development department provides coordination for districtwide career education pathways, programs, and partnerships, and compliance for San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College’s Child Development Centers.
Our responsibilities in serving career education students, faculty, and senior leadership across San Diego City College, Mesa College, Miramar College, and the College of Continuing Education include:
- providing leadership for coordinated, consistent, and shared practices districtwide,
- facilitating districtwide exploration of new initiatives and opportunities within career education and awareness of changing workforce needs, and
- supporting safe, equitable, and student centered learning environments through compliance, professional development, and the collaborative design and implementation of districtwide practices and guidelines.
Areas of Work:
- Perkins grant management
- High school to college and noncredit to college career education course-to-course articulation
- Work-Based Learning including Work Experience and Clinical Affiliation Agreements
- State contract compliance for the Child Development Centers at City College, Mesa College, and Miramar College
- Support for Career Education Advisory Committees
- Joint Partnership initiaitves with San Diego Workforce Partnership and San Diego Unified School District
- Engagement in regional career education and workforce development initiatives including strong workforce, employer engagement, and industry alignment
CTE Transitions Credit By Exam
The CTE Transitions Program establishes credit by exam agreements between High School and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar College and between San Diego Continuing Education and San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar colleges.
- Career Education Credit by Exam for High School Students
- Career Education Credit by Exam for San Diego Continuing Education Students
Resources for Faculty and Staff
Child Development Centers
San Diego Community College District provides childcare services through San Diego City, Mesa, and Miramar Child Development Centers. The Centers operate as instructional programs for SDCCD students and offer quality educational programs for infants, toddlers, and preschool children.